Friday, February 8, 2019

Bald Eagle on the Tuolumne River Update: It's Still There!


It was pretty exciting to see a Bald Eagle in our neck of the woods last Wednesday. And I was pretty sure it was a one-time sighting given that I've been walking the trail non-stop for three or four years, and I never saw one before two days ago. I figured it was on the way to Turlock Lake where the fishing might be better.

I was busy with errands today, but as the sun was setting and the rain was starting to fall I decided to do a quick check of the river. And it was there, just a few hundred yards farther upstream. Even better, it was just across the river from the trail. I had the chance to get a few more pictures, from a closer vantage point.

It may be gone tomorrow, but it would sure be interesting to see how things change around here if it decides to hang out for a while...

2 comments:

  1. friends if mine saw it again a month ago. Feb/March ish 2020,
    On the tuolumne River near Empire next to Modesto. Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends of mine saw a bald eagle between February and March of 2020.They saw it on the tuolumne River empire California.

    ReplyDelete