Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Western Bluebirds on the West Campus

I haven't seen many Western Bluebirds (Sialia mexicana) of late, more from not getting out enough as much as any other reason, but I got a few shots today. I was wandering on the west campus of Modesto Junior College. Practically all birds are pretty in one way or another, but I have a soft spot in my heart for the deep blues of birds like these (and the obnoxious Scrub Jays).
The local bluebirds may be winter visitors, and if so, they'll probably head back up in the hills before long. I have seen quite a few along the Tuolumne River in all seasons. I will no doubt post more shots when I see them again. They're irresistible!

1 comment:

  1. Just saw one bright blue with red spots on its chest here in Santa Clarita, CA. Newhall, CA to be exact and we are in temps of 99-105ยบ!!
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete