Sunday, August 9, 2015

Osprey Fledglings on the Tuolumne River and Anthropomorphizing.

We've been gone for 6 of the last 8 weeks, so we missed out on the childhood of the nestling Ospreys that are living along the Tuolumne River just upstream of our town. We last looked in on them in late April (story here), so we took a short excursion yesterday to see if the fledglings were still hanging out at their nests. They were, at least two of them, one at Roberts Ferry bridge, and one at Turlock Lake State Recreational Area. They looked healthy and active.
I know we're not really supposed to anthropomorphize wild animals, but looking at these scenes somehow brought back memories of teenagers... 
The "I can't handle listening to this kid whining so much" look...
The "you've destroyed my life forever" look...
The "I'm not speaking to you" look...
The "you WILL NOT talk about my child that way" look...(teachers get this one)

The "first driving lesson" look...
And...the response to the "birds and the bees talk".

I don't know, maybe there is something to anthropomorphizing after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment