Wednesday, October 26, 2016

It Was a Sign: Northern Flickers!

I've been missing in action as usual, and I wasn't sure what bird to feature next. I've got a backlog. One of the top choices I was looking at was a set of pictures that I caught of a Northern Flicker (Colaptes auratus) that I took while on my usual walk along the Tuolumne Parkway Trail last week. I kept getting distracted with work and study and neglected to post anything for most of last week.
Then, this morning I was walking towards my office when I saw a bird perched far above on the fourth floor. It was a little weird to see a bird up there period but this one looked different from the usual dove or starling. I got out the camera and zoomed in to see what it was. It was a flicker! I finally realized it was a sign: post the pictures of the flickers...so here they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment