Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Life Sucks Sometimes. Let's Look at Some Baby Ducks.

Spring is breaking out all over. At CSU Stanislaus, the Mallards (Anas platyrhynchos) have had their ducklings and eight or so were exploring the lawns near Warrior Lake today.
Momma was doing her stellar job of keeping all her ducks in a row, so to speak. There was one oddity today, and I wonder if other folks have ever seen this happen. A Canada Goose was assisting in the protection of the ducklings! It was following the family and when I approached on the sidewalk, it placed itself between me and the ducklings and made threatening noises.
All I could think of while watching the cute little babies trundling across the lawn was "life sucks", but this made things better for a moment. I made a short video for your enjoyment...

The

No comments:

Post a Comment