Tuesday, February 28, 2017

A Cold Western Meadowlark at the Stone Lakes National Wildlife Refuge


I have a delightful backlog of bird pictures. With my time and attention on a great many other things of late, it's fun to finally work back through the last couple of weeks and see what I've missed in the picture files. In the middle of January I dropped someone off at Sacramento Airport, and on the trip back home I stopped by the Stone Lakes National Wildlife Refuge only to find it flooded and closed. All was not lost however. As I sat at the closed entrance gate, a Western Meadowlark (Sturnella neglecta) alit on the post. I slowly lowered the window and listened to its delightful song (and shot a short video as well). Be sure to turn up the volume a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment