Sunday, August 16, 2015

White-breasted Nuthatch on the Tuolumne River Parkway Trail

Just two pictures today, of a White-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta carolinensis) on the Tuolumne River Parkway trail that's under construction in my little town on the edge of the Sierra Nevada. It's only two pictures (and only one that's clear), because the small bird never stops for a moment as it searches the branches for tidbits of food. I love how they tend to defy gravity as they walk upside down on the tree branches, but I wish they would stop and pose for a moment.

It's funny how I'll see birds in some exotic location, in this case up in the Sierra Nevada at Lake Tahoe, and at Mammoth Lakes, and then come home and a few weeks later see the same bird practically in my own backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment