Sunday, February 8, 2015

Bird of the Day: I Don't Know, But Don't Really Care Anyway

So here are two birds. I couldn't identify them, although I suspect they are geese, based on the way they were flying. They are probably of the Canada sort, although thousands of Snow Geese, Ross's Geese, and Greater White-fronted Geese are wintering in the San Joaquin National Wildlife Refuge, which is only about eight miles away as the goose flies.
 Of course, I was actually taking a picture of the rainbow this afternoon after a real gully-washer roared through town, the first rainstorm of any sort in six weeks. The drought is not over yet.
The setting was hardly idyllic. We were in a Walmart parking lot in town, but we had literally four minutes to do what we could with photography before it faded.  There was no running out to a pasture or bird refuge this time, although I would have loved being out at the Beckwith Road viewing platform at a time like this!
The photo below might be a first for me, a nearly complete rainbow. My new camera has a pretty wide field of view. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment